WREST PARK, HYDE HALL & ESSEX GARDEN.
Stayin At the Mercure Hatfield Oak hotel
9th June 2022 4 nights DBB £445
NO SINGLE ROOM SUPPLEMENT
• WREST PARK – AWARD WINNING GARDENS
• RHS GARDEN HYDE HALL
• ROYAL AIRFORCE MUSEUM
• SEASIDE SOUTHEND-ON-SEA • ST ALBANS & HITCHIN
This tour takes us to some fantastic gardens to see the summer bloom in full force, as well as visits to the Royal Airforce Museum and the sunny seaside town of Southend-on-Sea. Enjoy excursions to St Albans and Hitchin to spend some time relaxing in between visits.
• DAY ONE - Depart from your home area travelling to Hertfordshire, arriving late afternoon at the Mercure Hatfield Oak Hotel. 4 nights stay – dinner, bed & breakfast.
• DAY TWO -Today we visit the stunning Wrest Park. Explore the evolution of the English garden with a stroll through three centuries of landscape design in the magnificent 90-acre gardens. Other features include the Log Water, the domed Archer pavilion, the stately Orangery and much more. The café in the walled garden provides an ideal opportunity for a drink and bite to eat. In the afternoon, we travel to the historic market town of Hitchin where we have a short stop. It has a charming and vibrant modern cafe culture with the wonderful aroma of freshly ground coffee ever present and a good selection of specialist shops and boutiques.
• DAY THREE- Our day takes us to the seaside resort of Southend-on-Sea, here you can enjoy traditional seaside fun in the shape of award-winning beaches, the world-famous Pier and its mile-long railway, plus of course all the amusement arcades and the popular fountains on City Beach.
This afternoon we then visit RHS Garden Hyde Hall to enjoy one of the finest gardens in the East of England, its location among rolling hills and fantastic panoramic views can often surprise visits to this beautiful and unique area.
• DAY FOUR - After a leisurely breakfast, we travel south to visit the Roman City of St Albans. At the city’s historic core, you will find the stunning Cathedral – dating back to 1077.
In the afternoon, we visit the Royal Air Force Museum, home to over 85 aircraft and a wide variety of exhibitions and interesting things to see and do. Explore the hanger and marvel at the technology from over the past hundred years. • DAY FIVE - After breakfast we leave and head for home
NO SINGLE ROOM SUPPLEMENT !